In the national and international concert scene, the Werther Quartet is one of the youngest and most promising realities. The emerging Italian chamber music group is the winner among others of the XXXIX “Abbiati” Prize, the “Farulli” Prize 2020, and the Third Prize at the International Chamber Music Competition “Trio di Trieste” and already has to its credit numerous concerts and collaborations with important festivals and concert associations.
Founded in Rome in 2016, the Werther Quartet was trained at the Fiesole Music School and at the Conservatorio “A. Boito” in Parma in the chamber music school of the Trio di Parma and Pierpaolo Maurizzi.
The performers of the Werther Quartet are:
- Misia Jannoni Sebastianini, violin
- Martina Santarone, viola
- Vladimir Bogdanovic, cello
- Antonino Fiumara, piano
The program includes they offer includes works of rare beauty:
- Gustav Mahler, Quartettsatz
- Robert Schumann, Quartet for strings and piano in Eb op.47
- Richard Strauss, Quartet for strings and piano in C minor op.13
Schedule: February 1 – 2, 2022