Venice becomes an open-air theater for an edition under the banner of free expression and creativity. From February 4 to 21, 2023, calli and campi, streets and squares will once again resound with music and performances for a Carnival spread throughout the city, from the islands to the mainland. For the edition that once again features the signature of La Fenice Theater Artistic Director and set designer Massimo Checchetto, the title of the Venice Carnival 2023 is “Take your Time for the Original Signs“.
The theme of this edition is inspired by the signs of the constellations and those original symbols that distinguish the Venice Carnival, and in this festive and ancestral atmosphere starts the invitation to participate all together in the great and fantastic “Zodiac” of originality and flair of the most famous Carnival in the world, seeking one’s own original sign in total freedom of creative expression, as a manifestation of identity and self-affirmation.
The program is packed and promises to amaze Venetians and tourists, who every year experience these moments with great participation:
- Feb. 4: Opening Parade
- Feb. 5: water parade
- Feb. 9: film-concert at Palazzetto Bru Zane
- Feb. 10-21: night shows in the Arsenale
- Feb. 11: presentation of the 12 Marie
- Feb. 11-21: Carnival Official Dinner Show & Ball at Ca’ Vendramin Calergi
- Feb. 13-19: children’s carnival
- Feb. 21: contest of the most beautiful mask
- Feb. 21: presentation of the winning Marie
Schedule: February 4 – 21, 2023